Count the Kicks App
The new Count the Kicks app helps connect parents to resources such as the Iowa Family Support Network. A brief video featuring Breanne Ward, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, features the app's uses and connection to information for expectant parents.
Iowa Alliance for Healthy Kids
On Wednesday, January 27, 2021, from noon to 1:00pm via Zoom, hear from local and state leaders about why children’s social-emotional development matters to sectors of our state, including health, education, and business, and learn from the experts at Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street, about how Iowans can help families give young children the best start in life. Also watch for a guest appearance from a furry friend! To learn more and RSVP for this event please visit Iowa Town Hall with Sesame Workshop.
COVID Recovery Iowa Provides FREE Resources for Iowans
COVID Recovery Iowa is a statewide program to help Iowans recover from the devastating effects of COVID-19 and the August derecho. These services are FREE to all Iowans who have been affected in any way by these crises. Counseling. Sometimes, it just helps to have someone listen. We offer FREE confidential counseling to all Iowans through several methods:
- Iowa Warm Line, 844/775-9276: connect with a peer counselor or request to be connected to a COVID Recovery Iowa counselor.
- Iowa Concern Line, 800/447-1985: provides 24/7 access to stress counselors and other resources, focusing on rural and agriculture topics, including legal issues. Language interpretation available.
- Spanish language line: 541/800-368. Answered Live in Spanish: Se responde en vivo en español.
- Zoom Support Groups for Parents, Teens and Pre-Teens. For information or to register, contact Chelsea.Siefken@pathwaysb.org
- Tell Me a Story. A different story is presented each day on our Facebook page.
- Parenting in a Pandemic. Homework tips and a thought-provoking question of the day to ask your kids. Find us on Facebook.
- Vivo en Iowa. Resources and support for Spanish speakers. On Facebook.
- 30 Day Fitness Challenge. Positive daily physical activity for middle and high school students. Fitness Challenge is on Instagram.
February 16, 2021 ECI Stakeholders Alliance
Save-the-date for the upcoming ECI Stakeholders Alliance which will be held via Zoom from 9:00am to noon. Anyone who is interested in learning about and/or supporting Iowa's early childhood system is encouraged to attend. Agenda details will be posted at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting and will be made available on the Early Childhood Iowa's website under Events.