Early Childhood Iowa Area (ECIA) boards must complete the area's annual report online through the IowaGrants.gov website. These instructions provide guidance for how to complete your ECIA annual report in IowaGrants.gov.
Completing Your Early Childhood Iowa Area
Early Childhood Iowa Area (ECIA) boards must complete the area’s annual report online through the Iowagrants.gov website. The following component reports make up your board’s annual report:
- Board and Contact Information
Type of Services
Direct Services Indirect Services:
- Car Seat
- Business Investment Program
- Crisis/Emergency Care
- Child Care Nurse Consultant
- Coordinated Intake
- Early Care & Education Scholarships
- hawk-I Outreach
- Early Care & Education Supportive Services
- Quality Improvement for Early Learning
- Health Prevention
- Preschool Scholarship Coordination
- Professional Development – Conferences
- Professional Development – Credit-bearing
- Transportation Professional Development – Training
- Public Awareness/Child Fairs
- Resource Libraries
- Technical Assistance: Consultation, Mentoring, Coaching
- Family Support – Home Visitation
- Family Support – Parent Education
- Administrative Staff (ECIA director, support staff, etc.)
- Administrative Expenses
- Financial Summaries (Early Childhood, School Ready and Other Funding)
- Financial Statement Attachments (Early Childhood and School Ready)
OVERARCHING IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Your area’s annual report on Iowagrants.gov is made up of many “mini” status/component reports.
“DIRECT SERVICES” and “INDIRECT SERVICES” are grouped together in alphabetical order.
You must ‘select/open,’ ‘Edit,’ ‘Save’ and ‘Mark as Complete’ each DIRECT SERVICE and INDIRECT SERVICE component report even if your board does not fund a program, services or activities in one of the types of services.
Each time you make changes to a component report, click on ‘Edit.’ [Note: You cannot make changes to any component report after you click on ‘Submit.’]
The same instructions display at the top of each DIRECT SERVICE and INDIRECT SERVICE component report. Always read the instructions at the beginning of a component report.
If your board funds two or more programs, combine and report the performance measures data together.
Use the TAB key to move from one field to the next. When entering financial information, include both dollars and cents, example: 95234.22
Note: This is a two-part form; follow instructions carefully!
To begin entering information into this form, click “Edit” at the top of the form. You can complete all fields except the “Optional: Other Funding Expended and Source” field. Click “Save” at the top of the form. Now, the “Optional: Other Funding Expended and Source” field is available. If applicable, click “Add” to enter the source and funding amount in the fields. Next, click on “Save” at the top of the form. Repeat this process for each ‘Optional Funding” entry in this section.
Board and Contact Information Component Report
Click on ‘Save’ to save the data you just entered.
DIRECT SERVICE and INDIRECT SERVICE Component Reports
Completing the fields for the “Dental – Direct Services” component report:
The first set of screenshots have blank fields, the second set has data entered in the fields and the third set provides screenshots after clicking on “Save.”
Details for adding other funding sources that supported the program, service or activity are as follows:
FAMILY SUPPORT – HOME VISITATION and FAMILY SUPPORT – PARENT EDUCATION Component Report
The FAMILY SUPPORT component reports require input data to help you with verifying that the expenditures in the annual report balances with the financial statements. You will also attach your DAISEY Report to one of the Family Support reports. Remember to review the instructions on the form. Click on ‘Edit,’ complete the data fields, click on ‘Save’ and then click on ‘Mark as Complete.’
Administrative Staff Component Report
The ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF component report (ECIA director, support staff, etc.) requires input data to help you with verifying that the expenditures in the annual report balances with the financial statements. Remember to review the instructions on the form. Click on ‘Edit,’ complete the data fields, click on ‘Save’ and then click on ‘Mark as Complete.’
ADMINISTRATIVE EXPENSES Component Report
Follow the same process for completing the ADMINISTRATIVE EXPENSES component report as you did with the DIRECT SERVICE and INDIRECT SERVICE component report. Remember to review the instructions on the form. Click on ‘Edit,’ complete the data fields, click on ‘Save’ and then click on ‘Mark as Complete.’
FINANCIAL SUMMARY Component Reports
For the FINANCIAL SUMMARY component reports (Early Childhood, School Ready and Other Funding), you are required to answer the confirmation question. Click on ‘Edit,’ select ‘Yes,’ and then click on ‘Save.’ The form auto calculates based on financial data you entered on other component reports. If you make adjustments on other forms, the totals also update on this form. After confirming that the summary report totals match the totals on your financial statements, click on ‘Mark as Complete’ for each of the FINANCIAL SUMMARY forms.
FINANCIAL STATEMENT ATTACHMENT Component Report
For the FINANCIAL STATEMENT ATTACHMENT component report, you download and upload the financial statements for each of the funding sources (i.e., Early Childhood and School Ready). There are two difference attachments for each funding source. The ‘XX’ Financial Statement is the Excel document. The Certified ‘XX’ Financial Statement is the signed and scanned copy of the financial statement. Remember to ‘Mark as Complete’ after you upload the financial statements. REMEMBER to put your ECIA’s name on the financial statements.
You have two options for printing the annual report.
1. Print each component report separately. To do this, select the component report you want to print. Once the report displays on your screen, press and hold the ‘Ctrl’ key on your keyboard and press the ‘P’ key. The printing pop-up window displays for you to complete the necessary actions to begin printing. [Note: This is the computer shortcut method for printing.]
2. Print the entire report. On the main Components page that lists all the forms in the annual report, press and hold the ‘Ctrl’ key on your keyboard and press the ‘P’ key. The printing pop-up window displays for you to complete the necessary actions to begin printing. Note: A continuous report generates for all component reports even if you do not enter data in a report.
Once you have entered all the data in the component reports and uploaded templates and forms, you are ready to submit the annual report for your ECIA. All component reports MUST be ‘Marked as Complete’ in order to be able to submit your report even if your board did not fund a program, service or activity for that type of service. When all component reports are ‘Marked as Complete,’ click on ‘Submit.’ Note: Once you submit your report, you are no longer able the make changes or updates. You must contact the ECI State Office to ‘unlock’ the report. Once the report is unlocked, you can make updates. After making changes to your report, you must click on the ‘Submit’ button again.